Poker Open 2020
Save the Date
Join us for our 2nd Annual Poker Open on Thursday, March 5th from 7:00-10:00 pm at the Park Slope Center for Successful Aging. No matter your poker skills you are invited to play. Professional dealers will provide guidance and encouragement. Space is limited to 40 players so reserve your spot early. Space is not limited for those who would like to come and watch the action and cheer on the players. Food, drink and prizes all included in the ticket prize. Click here to get your tickets!
Successful Aging in Brooklyn
“Heights and Hills is really a resource. It means that I am not really out here alone.” –Marilyn
Volunteer With Us
It only takes an hour or two to give the gift of friendship! Join us for our next New Volunteer Orientation & Training on February 25th @ 6:00 pm at Heights and Hills downtown Brooklyn office, 81 Willoughby Street, Suite 302.
During this training you will:
- Learn about our specific volunteer opportunities
- Review program guidelines and expectations
- Learn how to spend time with older adults in the community safely
- Meet likeminded people who want to be part of our caring community!
To RSVP to our February training email firstname.lastname@example.org
This training is required for all volunteers and is offered monthly. Our March training date is Monday 3/23/20 at 6pm.
Park Slope Center
for Successful Aging
Upcoming Caregiver Support Groups
Caregiving can be challenging. We offer free support groups, in person and telephonic for those caring for loved ones 60 and better. Ongoing support groups
- Parkinson’s Care Partners
- Long-Distance Caregiving Support Group
- Telephonic Support Group
Upcoming Caregiver Workshops
Each month Heights and Hills caregiver social workers present workshops on a variety of topics – all open to the public and free of charge. February’s topics:
- Legal and Financial Planning for Caregivers
- Delirium, Depression & Dementia: What Caregivers Need to Know
Click here for details