Staff and Board Demographics
Heights and Hills strives to maintain a staff that reflects the community we serve. This diversity helps us ensure that our services are culturally and linguistically competent and sensitive and that unique needs are accommodated in outreach and service delivery.
- 37% of our staff is multilingual. Our Case Management program employs staff fluent in Spanish, Haitian Creole, Mandarin, Cantonese, Taiwanese, Vietnamese, Bengali, French, and Hebrew. We also have staff with limited working proficiency in Hindi, Urdu, and Yoruba.
- 25% of our staff is comprised of immigrants coming from a wide variety of countries.
- 29% of our staff is White, 37% is Black, 12% is Asian-American/Pacific Islander, 18% is Hispanic/Latino, 4% identifies as multiracial/multiethnic.
- 12% of our staff identifies as members of the LGBTQ+ community
- 2% of our staff have a disability
Our Board of Directors has also prioritized the diversity of its membership.
- 44% of our board is White, 19% is Black, 31% is Asian-American/Pacific Islander, 6% identifies as multiracial.
- 13% of our board identifies as members of the LGBTQ+ community
- The majority of the board lives in Brooklyn giving us additional grounding in the communities we are proposing to serve.
- We have several board members who are over the age of 60 and we have several caregivers on the board caring for older family members in their lives.